Who Is TriCare?
TriCare is a leading provider of affordable health insurance and other services that cater to the needs of military and retired members, their families, and veterans. Founded in 2002, TriCare has grown to serve more than 3 million active duty service members, retirees and their families. With an extensive network of participating hospitals, physicians, pharmacies and other providers in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, TriCare offers an extensive range of medical coverage options designed to meet the unique needs of each individual customer. In addition to providing medical coverage for both inpatient and outpatient services, TriCare also covers vision care, mental health care, long-term care services, dependent care assistance programs (DCAPs), travel assistance programs (TAPs) and much more.
TriCare strives to provide quality healthcare with a commitment to customer service that exceeds expectations – meaning customers get access to high-quality health services while receiving personalized attention from experienced professionals who understand the complexities of military life. As such, Tricare’s team of employees place great emphasis on delivering topnotch customer service as well as providing timely information so customers can make informed decisions about their healthcare choices. Furthermore, with special programs like their Health Plan Advocate Program (HPAP) which provides additional resources for individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities, TriCare seeks to ensure that individuals receive the best possible care available from their network providers.
Does TriCare Cover Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab in California?
Yes, TriCare does cover drug and alcohol addiction rehab in California. This coverage includes both inpatient and outpatient treatment services, as well as mental health services to support individuals in recovery from substance abuse. The exact coverage depends on a variety of factors, such as the type of plan selected and type of facility utilized.
TriCare covers a range of addiction treatment for California members including individual counseling, group therapy, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), detoxification, residential services, case management/supportive services and aftercare planning. The scope of covered benefits may also include specialized therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) or dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). Additionally, medications to treat co-occurring mental health disorders may be covered under certain TriCare plans.
Although the specifics depend on the plan selected by the individual or family, TriCare generally pays for a significant portion of addiction treatment costs in California. Members may be responsible for paying copays for some services; however this varies depending on the plan chosen and the provider’s agreement with TriCare. Financial assistance programs are available through TriCare for those who are unable to pay any remaining balance after insurance coverage is applied.
What Does TriCare Cover?
TriCare covers medical and dental care for active duty and retired service members, their families, survivors, and some former spouses. It also covers hospital stays, emergency services, prescription drugs, mental health care, vision care, hearing aids, laboratory services, chiropractic services, and physical therapy.
TriCare also provides coverage for preventive services such as vaccinations and cancer screenings. In addition to traditional coverage options, TriCare also offers special programs such as the Extended Health Care Option (ECHO) which extends healthcare benefits to severe chronic conditions not typically covered by TriCare. The Military Health System created ECHO in response to recent studies showing that people with specific chronic illnesses incur more out-of-pocket costs than those without such conditions. Finally, TriCare provides Maternity Care Subsidy Programs to help eligible active duty service members with their out-of-pocket expenses associated with pregnancy.
Top Rated Rehab Centers In California That Take TriCare Insurance
Magellan Health Insurance is a leading insurance provider that offers coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment services. If you are looking for rehab centers in California that accept Magellan Health Insurance, there are many top-rated facilities to choose from. Here are some of the best options:
- Harborview Recovery Center: Located in sunny San Diego, Harborview Recovery Center offers comprehensive care for individuals seeking help with substance abuse and mental health issues. Their team of licensed professionals utilizes evidence-based treatment techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy, 12-step work, and trauma-informed care. They also offer a variety of amenities such as comfortable accommodations, an on-site gymnasium, a pool, art classes, yoga classes, massage therapy services, and much more.
- Pacific Grove Hospital – Pacific Grove Hospital is a psychiatric hospital located in Riverside, California that provides inpatient and outpatient treatment services for substance abuse and mental health disorders. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and offers evidence-based treatments such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and trauma-focused therapy.
- Montecatini Treatment Centers: This rehab center located in Los Angeles is known for its comprehensive approach to recovery. While there, patients will have access to medical detoxification programs as well as specialized therapies such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Trauma Processing Therapy (TPT) and more.
- Promises Malibu: Promises Malibu is one of the premier luxury rehab centers in California with beautiful views overlooking the ocean and grounds filled with lush vegetation. They offer a variety of treatments including holistic healing modalities like acupuncture and massage therapy as well as traditional forms of treatment such as group therapies, individualized counseling sessions, family support programs and relapse prevention strategies.
- The Canyon: The Canyon is a renowned rehab center located in Los Angeles that specializes in treating individuals with chronic relapses due to addiction or mental health issues using an integrative approach that combines medical intervention with psychotherapy. Their amenities include private rooms with ocean views, fitness facility access, creative arts therapies like music & movement therapy and equine therapy; plus educational seminars on addiction recovery topics such as nutrition & exercise or job search skills development.
- Seasons In Malibu: Seasons In Malibu boasts a unique setting that allows clients to heal amidst nature’s beauty while enjoying holistic treatments such as yoga courses or Tai Chi classes taught by experienced instructors on-site at their facility just outside Los Angeles city limits overlooking Malibu beachfronts . Their program includes evidence-based treatments like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for underlying mental health conditions or Dual Diagnosis programming for those who suffer from both substance use disorder(SUD)and mental illness co-occurring disorders.
- La Ventana Treatment Programs — La Ventana Treatment Programs has locations throughout Southern California offering residential treatment programs designed around client’s individual needs utilizing evidence based practices like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). With an emphasis on dual diagnosis programming they also provide Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness training & meditation techniques along with relapse prevention groups & motivational interviewing skill building workshops.
- Pathways Real Life Recovery – Pathways is located in Northern California near Lake Tahoe offering extended care residential programming focused on teaching life skills through experiential activities & adventure based learning opportunities alongside traditional forms of addiction treatment like individualized counseling sessions & family support groups.
- Inspire Malibu Drug Rehab – Inspire Malibu Drug Rehab offers luxurious accommodations nestled high up in the hills above Malibu Beach making it one of most desirable locations for those looking for private drug rehab center away from all distractions while providing the latest evidence based therapeutic approaches available today.
- Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab – This rehab center is located in Calistoga, California and offers comprehensive treatment programs for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab accepts Magellan Health Insurance and provides evidence-based treatments, including individual and group therapy, 12-step meetings, and alternative therapies such as acupuncture and yoga.
- Reflections Executive Rehab Facility – Located in San Ramon, California, Reflections Executive Rehab Facility offers luxury accommodations and evidence-based treatment programs for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and provides personalized treatment plans that include individual and group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and holistic therapies such as meditation and acupuncture.
- Phoenix House California – With locations in Venice, Lake View Terrace, and Descanso, Phoenix House California is a non-profit organization that provides a range of substance abuse treatment services. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and offers evidence-based treatments, including individual and group therapy, 12-step meetings, and alternative therapies such as yoga and meditation.
- Sober Living by the Sea – Located in Newport Beach, California, Sober Living by the Sea is a luxury rehab center that offers evidence-based treatments for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and provides personalized treatment plans that include individual and group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and holistic therapies such as meditation and art therapy.
These are just a few of the top-rated rehab centers in California that accept Magellan Health Insurance. It’s important to do your research and choose a facility that meets your specific treatment needs and preferences.
How To Get TriCare To Pay For Inpatient Rehab
TriCare, a health care program for active duty and retired military personnel, their families, and survivors, offers coverage for inpatient rehab services. To get TriCare to pay for this type of care, the patient must meet certain requirements.
The first step is to have an inpatient rehabilitation evaluation performed by a qualified provider. This evaluation will determine if the patient’s condition warrants inpatient rehab and if it meets TriCare criteria. The provider will then submit a request to TriCare on behalf of the patient.
If the request is approved, TriCare will cover 80 percent of all eligible costs associated with inpatient rehab services; however, any remaining balance must be paid out-of-pocket or through other insurance sources.
In addition to meeting necessary criteria, the patient may also need to provide proof of identity and eligibility for TriCare benefits. Depending on the situation, some patients may also need an authorization from their primary care manager (PCM).
TriCare also requires that all rehab services be provided at an accredited facility that is certified by either Medicare or Medicaid (or both). In order to be eligible for coverage under TriCare, facilities must also comply with additional regulations such as having appropriate certifications and following certain policies and procedures set forth by TriCare.
How Long Does TriCare Pay For Inpatient Rehab
TriCare can cover up to 90 days of inpatient rehabilitation for eligible beneficiaries. This coverage is available for both mental and physical health conditions, including substance abuse. Depending on the specific medical diagnosis, a beneficiary may be able to receive an extension of up to 180 days if recommended by their doctor or approved by TriCare.
The amount of coverage provided also depends upon the chosen treatment facility, as some facilities may be out-of-network and therefore not covered under the standard TriCare plan. Additionally, beneficiaries should keep in mind that certain services such as transportation may not be included in their inpatient rehab coverage and such services must be paid out-of-pocket. When seeking an inpatient rehab treatment center, it is important for beneficiaries to research all options before making a decision to ensure that the chosen facility will accept TriCare insurance and provide full coverage for all necessary services.
Best Cities in California for Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab
California is home to numerous high-quality drug and alcohol addiction rehab centers. The following list highlights some of the best cities in California known for their reputable addiction treatment facilities:
- Malibu: Malibu is a popular location for luxury rehab centers, offering picturesque views and serene environments for recovery. Promises Malibu and Cliffside Malibu are two well-known rehab centers in this area.
- Los Angeles: With its vast network of addiction treatment facilities, Los Angeles offers a wide range of options for individuals seeking help. Notable rehab centers in LA include The Hills Treatment Center and Authentic Recovery Center.
- Orange County: Orange County, particularly the cities of Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, and Laguna Beach, is home to several highly-regarded rehab centers such as Hoag Addiction Treatment Centers, Oceanfront Recovery, and Hotel California by the Sea.
- San Diego: San Diego's beautiful coastal setting provides an ideal backdrop for recovery. Notable rehab centers in the area include AToN Center, Soledad House, and Harmony Grove Recovery.
- San Francisco Bay Area: The San Francisco Bay Area is home to numerous addiction treatment facilities, including Alta Mira Recovery Programs in Sausalito, Muir Wood Adolescent & Family Services in Petaluma, and Bayside Marin in San Rafael.
- Palm Springs: Known for its desert landscape and resort-like atmosphere, Palm Springs offers several rehab centers such as Michael's House, Desert Hope, and The Ranch Recovery Centers.
- Sacramento: As the state capital, Sacramento has a variety of addiction treatment facilities, including Azure Acres, New Dawn Treatment Centers, and Valley Recovery Center.
- Santa Barbara: Santa Barbara's coastal beauty provides a calming environment for recovery. Notable rehab centers include The Goodland, Santa Barbara Rescue Mission, and Casa Serena.
- San Jose: San Jose and the surrounding Silicon Valley area offer various addiction treatment options, including Summit Estate Recovery Center, New Life Recovery Centers, and Lyric Recovery Services.
- Ventura: Located along the coast, Ventura is home to several rehab centers such as The Lakehouse Recovery Center, Passages Ventura, and Casa Pacifica.
These cities offer a range of substance addiction treatment options, from luxury and high-end facilities to more affordable and accessible programs. It's essential to research each rehab center and choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Statistics in California
Drug and alcohol addiction is a serious problem in California, with high rates of substance abuse and addiction across the state. Here are some statistics related to drug and alcohol addiction in California:
- According to the California Health Care Foundation, in 2022, an estimated million Californians needed treatment for a substance use disorder, but only about 1 in 10 received any type of treatment.
- The death rate from fentanyl increased 10-fold from 2015 to 2019. The rate of prescription opioid deaths fell
30% from 2011 to 2019.
- The number of amphetamine-related emergency department visits increased nearly 50% between 2018
and 2020. The number of non-heroin-related opioid ED visits more than doubled in the same period.
- California’s Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System pilot program has been implemented in 37 counties,
which represent 96% of the state’s Medi-Cal population.
- Between 2017 and 2019 the number of facilities offering residential care for substance use treatment grew
by 68%, and the number of facilities offering hospital inpatient care more than doubled.
- Approximately 40% of commercial HMO and PPO health plan members with an alcohol or other drug
dependence diagnosis received care that met the national quality standard of an initial treatment visit
within 14 days of diagnosis.
- Alcohol-related deaths in California increased by 7% from 2018 to 2019, with a total of 6,064 deaths in 2019, according to the California Department of Public Health.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) reports that in 2019, % of Californians aged 12 and older reported binge drinking in the past month, and % reported heavy alcohol use in the past month.
- The SAMHSA also reports that in 2019, % of Californians aged 12 and older reported misusing pain relievers in the past year, and % reported using heroin in the past year.
Addiction Detox Statistics in California
Here are some key statistics about addiction detox in California along with links to non-profit sources:
- Growth of Residential Care Facilities: Between 2017 and 2019, the number of facilities offering residential care for substance use treatment grew by 68%. Source
- Prevalence of Substance Use Disorders: Approximately 8% of Californians meet the criteria for a substance use disorder, but only 10% of these individuals receive treatment. Source
- Enrollment in Outpatient Services: Each year, approximately 83,534 patients enroll in drug rehab outpatient services in California. Source
- Admissions to Specialty Addiction Treatment Programs: Data from California's Outcomes Measurement System for 2019 and 2020 showed changes in admissions to specialty addiction treatment programs. Source
- Substance Use Disorders: About 8% of California's residents meet the criteria for a substance use disorder. Source
- Rehab Admissions in Escondido: In 2016, there were 6,741 admissions to drug and alcohol rehab facilities in Escondido, California, representing a rate of 289 per 100,000. Source
- Average Addiction Rate: On average, about 8.5% of California's citizens suffer from any substance addiction. Source
Remember to always consult with a professional healthcare provider for advice and support for substance use disorders.