Who Is Magellan Health?
Magellan Health is a leading managed care organization that specializes in behavioral health services and solutions. Founded in 1969, the company has grown to become one of the largest providers of behavioral health services and programs in the United States.
Magellan Health helps individuals, families and communities improve their mental and emotional wellbeing by providing a range of services such as outpatient behavioral health, care management, substance abuse treatment and primary care integration. Magellan Health also offers guidance to companies on how they can better meet their employees’ mental health needs.
With its comprehensive Behavioral Health Plan, Magellan Health provides access to specialized professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors and nurses who deliver effective treatments for a wide range of conditions such as depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders and opioid dependence. This plan also includes an array of support services like family counseling, job coaching and crisis intervention as well as 24-hour access to online resources like an online library of articles about mental health topics.
Does Magellan Health Cover Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab in California?
Yes, Magellan Health does cover drug and alcohol addiction rehab in California. The company provides members with access to a wide range of services, including inpatient, outpatient, and residential treatment programs. They also offer specialized programs such as detoxification, dual diagnosis treatment (for individuals with both substance abuse and mental health issues), and aftercare support. All members enrolled in their plans receive access to coverage for evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
In addition to covering the cost of rehab services, Magellan Health also helps individuals cover costs associated with recovery support activities like counseling sessions, group therapy, case management, Peer Recovery Support Services (PRSS), family education/support groups and vocational training. Furthermore, they provide resources to help members find the right treatment center to meet their specific needs.
What Does Magellan Health Cover?
Magellan Health is a health insurance provider that covers a wide variety of medical services and treatments. This includes coverage for general medical care, hospital treatment, physician visits, vision care, specialty care, prescription drugs, diagnostic testing and preventive health services.
The breadth of the coverage provided by Magellan Health can vary according to the plan the individual has purchased. Some plans will provide more comprehensive coverage than others. In addition to providing basic medical services and treatments, some plans also include coverage for wellness benefits such as membership to a fitness center or reimbursement for home health equipment.
Magellan Health also offers specialized coverage for mental health services and addiction treatments. This includes both inpatient and outpatient programs as well as access to psychiatrists, counselors and other behavioral professionals. The company also provides access to telemedicine resources which allow individuals to receive medical advice through their smartphones or computers if they are unable to access an in-person visit with a traditional provider.
Overall, Magellan Health provides comprehensive healthcare plans that cover a wide range of medical needs while still remaining affordable for individuals and families alike. With its expansive network of providers across the country, Magellan Health is an ideal choice for those looking for quality healthcare options at an accessible price point.
Top 10 Rehab Centers In California That Take Magellan Health Insurance
California offers some of the best rehab centers in the nation, and many of them accept Magellan Health Insurance. Here is a list of the top 10 rehabilitation centers in California that take Magellan Health Insurance:
- The Recovery Village at Upland – This facility has an on-site medical detox program and treatment plans tailored to each individual’s needs and goals. They also provide comprehensive aftercare services, including alumni support groups, access to educational resources, and job placement assistance.
- Aegis Treatment Centers – This is one of the largest outpatient opioid treatment programs available in California, offering medication-assisted treatments such Suboxone, Vivitrol, and methadone. They also provide individual counseling sessions and group therapy programs.
- Reflections Executive Rehab Facility – Located in San Ramon, California, Reflections Executive Rehab Facility offers luxury accommodations and evidence-based treatment programs for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and provides personalized treatment plans that include individual and group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and holistic therapies such as meditation and acupuncture.
- 12 Keys Rehab – Located in beautiful Jupiter, Florida, this hospital provides holistic addiction treatment with evidence-based practices such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). Their program includes a range of activities to keep clients engaged such as art therapy, yoga classes, equine therapy, mindfulness meditation classes, nutrition counseling, and more.
- Beach House Center for Recovery – Beach House offers a complete continuum of care for individuals struggling with substance abuse issues like heroin or cocaine addiction. Their evidence-based services include residential treatment programs supplemented by 12-step meetings such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous meetings.
- Pacific Grove Hospital – Located in Monterey County near Big Sur State Park, Pacific Grove Hospital provides both short-term and long-term drug rehab programs catered specifically to adults over 18 years old who are suffering from substance use disorder (SUD). Services offered through this facility include individualized assessments by addiction specialists paired with personalized care planning processes designed to create an effective path towards lasting sobriety.
- Pacific Grove Hospital – Pacific Grove Hospital is a psychiatric hospital located in Riverside, California that provides inpatient and outpatient treatment services for substance abuse and mental health disorders. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and offers evidence-based treatments such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and trauma-focused therapy.
- Serenity Knolls Residential Treatment Center – Serenity Knolls offers a full continuum of recovery support options such as a 30-day, 60-day, or 90-day residential program supplemented by intensive outpatient programming (IOP) as well as family programming or life skills coaching sessions tailored to meet each client’s unique needs during their recovery process. All treatment plans utilize evidence-based approaches like CBT alongside holistic therapies such music or art therapies for those interested in exploring alternative healing techniques outside of traditional medicine approaches alone.
- Waismann Method® Advanced Rapid Detoxification Center – Located in Beverly Hills, Waismann Method® specializes in rapid opioid detox treatments which can help individuals achieve sobriety within days rather than weeks or months used when relying on traditional detox methods alone. This center is clinical research approved by major organizations like the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
- Lakeside Milam: Many people who suffer from alcoholism, marijuana use disorders, opiate addictions, prescription drug abuse issues, or stimulant dependence can find relief at Lakeside Milam located near Seattle, Washington. All levels of care are available here including medicated assisted treatments supervised by board certified physicians along with behavioral health therapies led by licensed counselors.
- New Vista Behavioral Healthcare: Offering medication assisted treatments alongside individualized counseling services, New Vista Behavioral Healthcare serves both adult men and women seeking alcohol and drug addiction relief at their locations across Southern California . Clients have access to 24/7 secure medical monitoring while they go through their recovery journeys here so that they remain safe during this process.
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation: With locations all over the country, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation provides an array of evidence based services created to address each client’s specific needs ranging from short term residential stays up until extended care programs that offer ongoing support throughout their recovery journey even after they’ve completed their initial stay at the facility. Each level of care comes with integrated mental health support designed to address any underlying psychological issues associated with alcoholism or drug abuse so that all aspects related to someone’s struggle with substance abuse can be addressed accordingly.
- Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab – This rehab center is located in Calistoga, California and offers comprehensive treatment programs for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab accepts Magellan Health Insurance and provides evidence-based treatments, including individual and group therapy, 12-step meetings, and alternative therapies such as acupuncture and yoga.
- Phoenix House California – With locations in Venice, Lake View Terrace, and Descanso, Phoenix House California is a non-profit organization that provides a range of substance abuse treatment services. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and offers evidence-based treatments, including individual and group therapy, 12-step meetings, and alternative therapies such as yoga and meditation.
- Sober Living by the Sea – Located in Newport Beach, California, Sober Living by the Sea is a luxury rehab center that offers evidence-based treatments for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. The facility accepts Magellan Health Insurance and provides personalized treatment plans that include individual and group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and holistic therapies such as meditation and art therapy.
These are just a few of the top-rated rehab centers in California that accept Magellan Health Insurance. It’s important to do your research and choose a facility that meets your specific treatment needs and preferences.
How To Get Magellan Health To Pay For Inpatient Rehab
Magellan Health is a health care organization that provides its members with a range of services, including inpatient rehabilitation. The organization offers different levels of coverage for inpatient rehab, depending on the type of policy and the specific benefits included.
In order to get Magellan Health to pay for inpatient rehab, members must first contact their insurance provider to determine what type of coverage they have and how much they are eligible for. It is also important to understand any exclusions or limitations related to the policy. Once these details are established, members can then contact Magellan Health directly to file a claim and request payment.
When making a request for payment, it is essential that all information necessary be provided, including any required medical records, copies of bills incurred due to the need for inpatient rehabilitation or other relevant documentation. Additionally, if the cost exceeds the amount covered by the policy, members should seek out any applicable assistance programs that may help cover the remaining expenses.
How Long Does Magellan Health Pay For Inpatient Rehab
Magellan Health typically covers inpatient rehab for up to 30 days, depending on the individual’s needs. This coverage is in addition to any necessary medications, professional services, and other treatments that may be needed. Inpatient rehab may also be extended beyond 30 days if medically necessary. Co-pays and deductibles will vary depending on the plan chosen, so it is important to check with your insurance provider for more information about coverage and associated costs.
Inpatient rehab can provide a more intensive level of care than outpatient treatment and can also help individuals transition from a hospital setting back into their home or community. It is designed to focus on helping people learn new strategies for managing behavioral health issues while developing skills to cope with stressors and triggers they might face in everyday life. Treatment programs often combine evidence-based therapies like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with recreational activities, job skills training, and other components that are tailored to each person’s unique needs.
Overall, Magellan Health strives to ensure that all members have access to effective and comprehensive care when they need it most. If you have any questions about your coverage or what specific types of services are covered by your plan, it is always best to contact Magellan Health directly for answers.
Best Cities in California for Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab
California is home to numerous high-quality drug and alcohol addiction rehab centers. The following list highlights some of the best cities in California known for their reputable addiction treatment facilities:
- Malibu: Malibu is a popular location for luxury rehab centers, offering picturesque views and serene environments for recovery. Promises Malibu and Cliffside Malibu are two well-known rehab centers in this area.
- Los Angeles: With its vast network of addiction treatment facilities, Los Angeles offers a wide range of options for individuals seeking help. Notable rehab centers in LA include The Hills Treatment Center and Authentic Recovery Center.
- Orange County: Orange County, particularly the cities of Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, and Laguna Beach, is home to several highly-regarded rehab centers such as Hoag Addiction Treatment Centers, Oceanfront Recovery, and Hotel California by the Sea.
- San Diego: San Diego's beautiful coastal setting provides an ideal backdrop for recovery. Notable rehab centers in the area include AToN Center, Soledad House, and Harmony Grove Recovery.
- San Francisco Bay Area: The San Francisco Bay Area is home to numerous addiction treatment facilities, including Alta Mira Recovery Programs in Sausalito, Muir Wood Adolescent & Family Services in Petaluma, and Bayside Marin in San Rafael.
- Palm Springs: Known for its desert landscape and resort-like atmosphere, Palm Springs offers several rehab centers such as Michael's House, Desert Hope, and The Ranch Recovery Centers.
- Sacramento: As the state capital, Sacramento has a variety of addiction treatment facilities, including Azure Acres, New Dawn Treatment Centers, and Valley Recovery Center.
- Santa Barbara: Santa Barbara's coastal beauty provides a calming environment for recovery. Notable rehab centers include The Goodland, Santa Barbara Rescue Mission, and Casa Serena.
- San Jose: San Jose and the surrounding Silicon Valley area offer various addiction treatment options, including Summit Estate Recovery Center, New Life Recovery Centers, and Lyric Recovery Services.
- Ventura: Located along the coast, Ventura is home to several rehab centers such as The Lakehouse Recovery Center, Passages Ventura, and Casa Pacifica.
These cities offer a range of substance addiction treatment options, from luxury and high-end facilities to more affordable and accessible programs. It's essential to research each rehab center and choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Statistics in California
Drug and alcohol addiction is a serious problem in California, with high rates of substance abuse and addiction across the state. Here are some statistics related to drug and alcohol addiction in California:
- According to the California Health Care Foundation, in 2022, an estimated million Californians needed treatment for a substance use disorder, but only about 1 in 10 received any type of treatment.
- The death rate from fentanyl increased 10-fold from 2015 to 2019. The rate of prescription opioid deaths fell
30% from 2011 to 2019.
- The number of amphetamine-related emergency department visits increased nearly 50% between 2018
and 2020. The number of non-heroin-related opioid ED visits more than doubled in the same period.
- California’s Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System pilot program has been implemented in 37 counties,
which represent 96% of the state’s Medi-Cal population.
- Between 2017 and 2019 the number of facilities offering residential care for substance use treatment grew
by 68%, and the number of facilities offering hospital inpatient care more than doubled.
- Approximately 40% of commercial HMO and PPO health plan members with an alcohol or other drug
dependence diagnosis received care that met the national quality standard of an initial treatment visit
within 14 days of diagnosis.
- Alcohol-related deaths in California increased by 7% from 2018 to 2019, with a total of 6,064 deaths in 2019, according to the California Department of Public Health.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) reports that in 2019, % of Californians aged 12 and older reported binge drinking in the past month, and % reported heavy alcohol use in the past month.
- The SAMHSA also reports that in 2019, % of Californians aged 12 and older reported misusing pain relievers in the past year, and % reported using heroin in the past year.
Addiction Detox Statistics in California
Here are some key statistics about addiction detox in California along with links to non-profit sources:
- Growth of Residential Care Facilities: Between 2017 and 2019, the number of facilities offering residential care for substance use treatment grew by 68%. Source
- Prevalence of Substance Use Disorders: Approximately 8% of Californians meet the criteria for a substance use disorder, but only 10% of these individuals receive treatment. Source
- Enrollment in Outpatient Services: Each year, approximately 83,534 patients enroll in drug rehab outpatient services in California. Source
- Admissions to Specialty Addiction Treatment Programs: Data from California's Outcomes Measurement System for 2019 and 2020 showed changes in admissions to specialty addiction treatment programs. Source
- Substance Use Disorders: About 8% of California's residents meet the criteria for a substance use disorder. Source
- Rehab Admissions in Escondido: In 2016, there were 6,741 admissions to drug and alcohol rehab facilities in Escondido, California, representing a rate of 289 per 100,000. Source
- Average Addiction Rate: On average, about 8.5% of California's citizens suffer from any substance addiction. Source
Remember to always consult with a professional healthcare provider for advice and support for substance use disorders.