Does Anthem Cover Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab in Texas?
Yes, Anthem covers drug and alcohol addiction rehab in Texas. The coverage is part of the benefits provided to members enrolled in a health insurance plan with Anthem. The coverage includes a of services related to substance abuse including inpatient and outpatient care, detoxification programs and medication-assisted treatment. Depending on the plan, members may also be eligible for behavioral health services such as individual therapy, family counseling and support groups.
In addition to providing these treatments for substance use disorder, Anthem also takes proactive steps to help prevent them from developing in the first place. This includes offering educational materials and support for those who are at risk of developing an addiction or need assistance with quitting drugs or alcohol.
Anthem offers different plans in Texas that cover addiction treatment depending on the level of care needed. Coverage varies by plan but most offer some combination of: narcotics anonymous meetings, mental health counseling, residential treatment centers, medically supervised detox programs and medication assisted treatments (MATs), such as naloxone or Vivitrol. It’s important to check with your insurance provider before beginning a program to make sure it is covered under your specific plan.
Types of Treatment Covered by Anthem Health Insurance in Texas
Anthem Health Insurance in Texas provides coverage for a variety of substance abuse options. These include inpatient, outpatient care, partial hospitalization programs (PHP), intensive outpatient programs (IOP), and residential treatment.
Inpatient Rehabilitation involves 24-hour structured care with the patient receiving medical, psychological, and social services while living onsite at the facility. This is often the most comprehensive form of care and is recommended when someone is struggling with a severe diagnosis or an addiction to multiple substances. Inpatient rehab offers detoxification services, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid addiction, individual therapy, group therapy, and evidence-based therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
Outpatient Rehab Program
Outpatient Care is less intensive than inpatient rehab and allows the patient to spend several hours each week receiving counseling, individual therapy sessions, group workshops, skill building activities such as coping strategies training; relapse prevention techniques; and access to MAT for opioid addiction if needed. Outpatient treatment may be recommended for those who are less severely addicted or those who need help maintaining their sobriety following inpatient rehab.
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) provide more intense programming than outpatient care but do not require patients to live onsite at the facility. PHP provides daily therapeutic interventions that typically last 4–6 hours per day while allowing patients to remain at home during non-treatment hours. Patients typically receive individual psychotherapy sessions along with educational lectures and group therapy sessions that focus on topics such as coping skills and relapse prevention planning.
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) offer an even lower level of care than PHP but still provide a structured setting where participants can receive various forms of therapy including individual psychotherapy sessions as well as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). IOPs also offer group sessions focused on issues related to addiction such as cravings control strategies and relapse prevention tools. Medication assisted treatment may also be offered depending on the type of program.
Residential Treatment Center
Residential Treatment centers offer a high level of care combined with structure and support from clinical staff trained in addiction recovery techniques. Patients receive around-the-clock therapeutic interventions including individual psychotherapy sessions , CBT , trauma resolution techniques , family counseling , medical monitoring , recreational activities , life skills training , 12 step meetings , art/music/movement therapies , vocational training , nutritional guidance & wellness education . Residential treatment centers generally require long-term commitments lasting several months or longer depending on the severity of each person’s case .
How To Find Addiction Treatment Provider with Anthem Health Insurance in Texas
If you or a loved one is suffering from an addiction, finding the right treatment provider can be a daunting prospect. Fortunately, if you Anthem Health Insurance, there are a number of treatment providers located in Texas that accept this form of health insurance coverage.
When seeking out an addiction treatment provider with Anthem Health Insurance in Texas, the first step should be to contact the nearest Anthem office for assistance. A qualified Anthem representative will be able to provide you with a list of providers in your area who accept Anthem’s coverage and will be able to help walk you through further steps in finding the right provider for your needs.
Another resource available to those seeking out addiction treatment providers with Anthem Health Insurance in Texas is Mental Health America of Greater Houston (MHA-GH). MHA-GH offers resources and services such as an online directory and support hotline dedicated to helping Texans find mental health and substance abuse services throughout the state. The organization also hosts multiple community events throughout each year that provide educational materials on topics such as accessing treatment with health insurance coverage and related mental health issues.
It is important to note that not all addiction treatment providers accept every type of insurance coverage. When searching for a provider that accepts Anthem Health Insurance in Texas, it is essential to contact each potential provider directly beforehand to confirm their acceptance of your specific plan’s coverage. Additionally, many providers may require pre-authorization from both your primary care physician and from Anthem before providing services or treatments covered by your plan.
Finding the right addiction treatment provider can seem overwhelming at first but by taking advantage of the resources available through Anthem Health Insurance and organizations like Mental Health America of Greater Houston, the task becomes much more manageable. Utilizing these resources will ensure that you receive quality care from an experienced provider equipped to meet your individual needs and preferences.
Top Rated Rehab Centers in Texas That Take Anthem Insurance
Texas is home to some of the best rehab centers in the nation, and many of these facilities accept Anthem Insurance. Here are the top 10 rehab centers in Texas that take Anthem Insurance:
- The Right Step: Located in Houston, The Right Step offers a range of residential and outpatient services as well as dual diagnosis treatment. With a high success rate and various locations across Texas, it is one of the leading facilities for addiction treatment in the state.
- JourneyPure: JourneyPure has a variety of treatment options for those seeking help with substance abuse disorder, including traditional outpatient programs, intensive therapeutic care, and sober living residences. They also offer an alumni program to keep members connected after their stay at the facility.Memorial
- Hermann PaRC: Located in Houston, PaRC (Prevention and Recovery Center) is a leading addiction treatment center that offers a range of programs, including inpatient, outpatient, and detox. They accept Anthem insurance and have received positive reviews for their experienced staff and comprehensive treatment approach.
- Promises Austin: Promises Austin is located in one of the most beautiful cities in Texas – Austin! They specialize in treating both mental health issues and addiction disorders by providing individualized care plans tailored to each patient’s unique needs.
- Lakeview Health Houston: Lakeview Health Houston is located right outside of downtown Houston and offers both short-term residential and long-term residential programs for individuals struggling with addiction issues as well as co-occurring conditions such as depression or anxiety disorders. They also provide day/night treatment options so patient can receive round-the-clock support from experienced staff members.
- La Hacienda Treatment Center: La Hacienda is a nationally recognized addiction treatment center located in Hunt, Texas. They offer inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment programs that are covered by Anthem insurance. They have received positive reviews for their experienced staff and evidence-based treatment approach.
- Harmony Behavioral Health Dallas: Located just north of downtown Dallas, Harmony Behavioral Health Dallas provides comprehensive care for those suffering from addiction and co-occurring mental health issues like bipolar disorder or PTSD. Their multidisciplinary team consists of counselors, psychiatrists, nurses, primary physicians, and more!
- Sovereign Health El Paso: Sovereign Health El Paso was created specifically to treat substance use disorder but also provides treatment for other behavioral health conditions such as anxiety or depression through their evidence-based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) or dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- Origins Recovery Center South Padre Island: Origins Recovery Center South Padre Island is known for its exceptional quality of care across all aspects onsite – ranging from medical detoxification to intensive therapy sessions – making it a premier choice when it comes to rehabilitation services in South Texas that take Anthem Insurance coverage.
- Neurobehavioral Systems San Antonio: Neurobehavioral Systems San Antonio specializes in treating substance use disorder together with emotional problems such as depression or anxiety through customized treatment plans designed by their experienced team of clinicians who understand how these two areas interact with each other synergistically!
- Lubbock Regional MHMR Center Lubbock: Lubbock Regional MHMR Center Lubbock provides clients with access to evidence-based treatments for addictions along with psychiatric interventions for individuals experiencing mental health symptoms such as paranoia or mood swings that may be interfering with making progress toward recovery goals successfully!
- New Hope Treatment Centers Tyler & Longview: Last but not least on our list is New Hope Treatment Centers Tyler & Longview which offers specialized services under one roof – allowing clients access to detoxification services coupled with targeted cognitive therapies meant to address underlying issues associated with substance abuse problems!
Austin Recovery: Austin Recovery is a nonprofit addiction treatment center that provides affordable and effective care to individuals and families in the Austin area. They accept Anthem insurance and offer a range of programs, including inpatient, outpatient, and detox. They have received positive reviews for their caring staff and personalized approach to treatment.
Promises Austin: Promises Austin is a luxury addiction treatment center located in the Hill Country of Texas. They offer residential addiction treatment programs that are covered by Anthem insurance. They have received positive reviews for their beautiful setting and personalized approach to treatment.
Cenikor Foundation: Cenikor is a nonprofit addiction treatment center that provides affordable care to individuals and families throughout Texas. They accept Anthem insurance and offer a range of programs, including inpatient, outpatient, and detox. They have received positive reviews for their caring staff and evidence-based treatment approach.
Drug Addiction Statistics in Texas
Here are some key statistics about drug addiction in Texas along with links to non-profit sources:
- Texas Youth Substance Use: 7% of Texas students say they currently use (past-month use) prescription drugs not prescribed to them. Source
- Drug Overdose Death Rates: Drug overdose death rates have increased in Texas from 10.1 per 100,000 in 2011 to 16.8 per 100,000 in 2021. Source
- Unreported Overdoses: In Texas, up to 70% of overdoses, mostly nonfatal, go unreported. Source
- Heroin-related Deaths: From 1999 to 2016, the rate of heroin-related deaths in Texas has nearly quadrupled. Source
- Cost of Alcohol and Drug Abuse: The total economic cost associated with alcohol and drug abuse in Texas for year 2000 was estimated at $25.9 billion. Source
- Alcohol and Drug Use: According to a survey on drug use and health, 20% of Texans reported alcohol use, while 15% reported marijuana use. Source
Remember, if you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse, there are resources available. Reach out to a healthcare professional or a local support group for help.
Alcohol Addiction Statistics in Texas
Alcohol addiction is a serious problem in the state of Texas. According to the 2019 Texas Behavioral Health Barometer, nearly 573,000 adults in Texas reported binge drinking five or more times in the past month and over one million adults reported engaging in heavy alcohol use during that same period. Additionally, research has found that from 2006-2014, deaths related to alcohol increased significantly throughout much of the state.
In 2018, it was reported that 18.9% of Texans aged 12 and older had engaged in binge drinking within the past month and 8.3% had consumed alcohol heavily within the last month. Furthermore, this study found that between 2012 and 2017, Texans aged 12-20 experienced a 4% increase in heavy drinking while those aged 21-25 saw a 22% increase in heavy drinking.
Data gathered by The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) also revealed that the number of people receiving treatment for an alcohol use disorder (AUD) rose from 13,761 people in 2002 to 17,058 people in 2017—a 24% increase over 15 years.
These findings highlight just how serious an issue alcohol addiction can be for individuals living across Texas and suggest that many more resources are needed to help combat this growing public health concern.
- “Alcohol Use | The 2019 Texas Behavioral Health Barometer”. www.txbhbarometer.org/alcoholuse/. Accessed 10 July 2020.
- “Alcohol Use Disorder - Drug & Alcohol Rehab Austin | Austin Addiction Treatment” Austinaddictiontreatmentcenter.com/alochol-use-disorder/. Accessed 10 July 2020
- "Substance Abuse Treatment Admissions Involving Alcohol as the Primary Substance of Abuse: 2002–2017". wwwdasisSAMHSAser/web/reports_pub_arh_352/arh352tbhtml#t2b1 Retrieved 11 July 2020
Addiction Detox Statistics in Texas
According to the latest report by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), addiction detoxification statistics in Texas show that there were approximately 62,000 individuals aged 12 or older who received treatment for illicit drug use at a specialized facility in 2018. The majority of these people (86%) were aged 18–25, with the highest percentages being among those aged 18–20 (38%), 21–25 (35%), and 26–30 (13%). Approximately 90% of individuals receiving treatment reported using three or more substances in the month before treatment.
In 2017, SAMHSA also reported that approximately 630,000 people over the age of 12 in the state of Texas reported needing but not receiving treatment for illicit drug use within the past year. This number has been steadily increasing since 2015 when that number was 590,000.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse further reports that while deaths due to overdose have increased nationwide since 1999, Texas has seen a much smaller increase than other states since 2000 with an average of 1,032 overdose deaths per year. While this is still too high and far from ideal, it is significantly lower than other states such as West Virginia which had an average overdose death rate of 52 per 100,000 people in 2017 compared to 8 per 100,000 people in Texas during the same period.